Thursday, June 26, 2014

Shrews need love too

Recently I read a review for Love Captured that wasn't what I was expecting. To summarize the reviewer did not like the main character Lucy (nor did she like the book). That is to be expected people will either love it or hate it. Which I have to admit Lucy can be crass. I assumed when I read my first negative review I would be tucked in a corner silently weeping. I talk much game but sometimes my girly emotions take over. No matter how much I would prefer my anger, tears usually reigns when my temper soars. What I found strange, I was actually happy about the review. I know I'm odd, but I can't help it. Lucy is straight forward, blunt, and says things that are inappropriate. I like to think of her as a House lite (one of my favorite television protagonist). She just gets to say how she feels. Instead of crying and becoming a victim, she made armor to protect herself.

I'm glad that Lucy is different. She's not like any other woman on the surface. Of course she's not a robot, but don't shrews deserve love too? Everyone should get to bask in it at least once. I promise she'll be more relatable in the sequel...maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment